Monday, August 31, 2009

Dear lord I have over a week to catch up on...

Let's begin with the rest of London.

I think I may do this in a few installments as not to overwhelm myself, or the reader. Enjoy!



Thursday - Kara had work, Tiphaine was still out of town and Mark was asleep so I headed out on my own for breakfast at The Troubadour. I had a full veg breakfast. Quite yummy. I sat in the garden well after I was done eating and only realized I should leave when it started drizzling on my head. I went back to the apartment for a wee bit, chatted away with Mark and suddenly realized it was time to meet Kara. We went to the Waterhouse exhibit and it was lovely. The women were beautiful, powerful, tricky creatures. I bought many postcards.

Kara and I decided to wander a bit and we ended up at Buckingham Palace. I didn't get to see the changing of the guards or take pictures with them or anything which was sort of disappointing BUT the state rooms were open to the public for a fee since The Queen was at Balmoral for the summer. The line was non existent so Kara and I went it. It was pretty exciting to be in a palace that is still used by a royal family. It's a funny thing, royalty. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and even treated myself to a lovely pair of swarovski crystal earrings. As someone I know would say I was "looking out for number one" :-)

After that we headed to Brick Lane for an Indian dinner. What happens is, you walk down the street and everyone tries to get you into their restaurant. They offer you money off your bill, free drinks, etc. I decided on the second place because they offered us a free bottle of wine. Who could turn down that offer, hm? The food was DREADFUL and I am not really one to complain about food. The wine was decent and the conversation was grand so Kara and I had a wonderful time. We ordered Indian ice cream. Kara got pistachio and I got mango. Hers tasted like soap and mine tasted like a candle. Or, was it the other way around? We switched flavors half way through and due to our slight wine buzz we devoured the whole thing despite the taste and our uncontrollable giggles. As our meal was ending two business men sat down at the table next to us. They asked us if our meal was good and we answered honestly that it was one of the worst we had ever had. They didn't seem too pleased.

Dinner being over we headed over to Shoreditch to meet with Simon and his friends. Simon is an old friend of my dear friend Lucy. We had never met but I felt instantly happy and comfortable in his presence. We went to a bar. I don't remember the name and met a bunch of his friends. They were all very fun and lovely. I got on particularly well with John, a Kenneth Branagh look alike who knew a hell of a lot about politics and languages and everything else. He lived in the states for a bit, worked on the Obama campaign and was overall a very fun guy. We all moved on to a different bar and continued to enjoy ourselves. I put back a few Pimm's and Kara and I headed home early enough to take the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment