Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I don't think a dog likes wearing sunglasses, personally"


Well, Greg pulled through.
He showed me a grand night in Dublin!

He trekked out to my hotel and picked me up in the lobby.
From there, we decided to wander.
He took me to "the secret garden". It was so green and quiet. A cute little wheaten colored dog was playing with us. I thought Greg should have tucked him into his jacket,

Greg is an American living in Dublin for a little over a month. he is a cousin of a good friend and we had met once before in the states. He is a very intelligent, charming, handsome and enjoyable fellow. He's tall with brown hair, a bit of scruff and eyes that are both kind and a bit wicked.

After the secret garden he showed me around the house he has been living at. The kitchen is open and friendly, the bathroom is done up in "trinity blue" (known everywhere else as sky blue), there is a proper tub and there is a wonderful feel about the whole place.
We had ourselves a whiskey and a chat and went on to find dinner.

Out first attempt required a 45 minutes wait. The soup nazi from Seinfeld had his picture on the wall so obviously it was a popular choice.
We decided to walk a bit more and found a nice quiet Indian place.
They had a taper on the table and the Sag Aloo was yummy.

We moved on to a bar, sort of divey, sort of hipstery, sort of very Irish, I can't remember the name, I am sure Greg will remind me.

We had a pint and moved on to Grogan's for another pint.
We encountered a dog. Wearing sunglasses. That were made especially for him. All of my attempts at conversation were for naught seeing as nothing I said could have been remotely as interesting as those glasses and the dog wearing them. A bum nearly asked the dog for money, caught himself and had a nice giggle about it.

I love Dublin on a Tuesday night in August. Chilly, quiet, hauntingly beautiful. All of this was only made better by the lovely company.
Luckily for me, Greg will be a Brooklynite on his return to the states so we will have plenty of chances to recreate our silly Dublin escapades!

(above photo shows the sunglessed dog in question)

No comments:

Post a Comment