Sunday, July 26, 2009

My First Blog Entry (an original title, don't you think?)


Tonight, I attended a concert put together by my friend Lydia (aka Blue Kid).
The first thing she said to me was "Oh my God, you're leaving for Europe for like, ever, soon!"
Not quite true. I will be leaving for Europe in roughly one week and I will be gone for roughly one month. I guess that might seem like forever...

I have been to Europe once before. In 2007 I went to Prague, Nice and Paris with my best friend of a million years. My only regret from that trip is that I didn't document it with my words more thoroughly. I got distracted when we left Prague for France and, well, my notebook stayed mostly blank. (I did however document my trip photographically. The photo to the left was taken on my first day in Prague. Ah, so gorgeous!)

On this jaunt, I will be in Ireland, France, England and perhaps Denmark. A lot of the trip has been preplanned but I have left a decent amount of wiggle room, an opportunity to let life happen.
Some of the time will be spent alone in hotels, some with family, some with friends, some with distant cousins I have never met.

Anyway, I don't really "blog" or write in general. I keep notebooks. I write down funny quotes and I make odd lists and share some stories with myself. I used to have an online journal. It was very self indulgent. High school drama and all that rot.

I have always had many stories floating around in my head. Most of them true and most of them about me. But, I have always lacked the confidence to share them because I am not a "writer". No, I am an actress, a singer, a producer, a nanny, a friend, a people person, I run a theatre company. I am many things but, a writer? Hm, not so much.

I mentioned this lack of writing ability to Lydia tonight but she insisted I keep a travel blog. She said it would be fascinating because she "likes the way my mind works". Hearing this from Lydia, who I consider to be one of the most talented, quirky and fascinating minds I have experienced, was reason enough for me to take up the mantle of "blogger" or "writer" or whatever.

So, here it is, my online travelogue.
I will update it intermittently while I am on the road.


Hopefully you will bare with my improper grammar, many typos and my lack of html knowledge. Inserting links, jumps, captioning photos? How would I know how to do that? Ha!

Enjoy!

Sarah Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment